Advanced Tips – Promotions & Prestige
In Evony, a player is allowed one addition city for each title advancement. There are also ranks, such as Colonel and General, which are needed to advanced to a specific title.
As a rule of thumb, if you have a promotion choice between rank and title, choose title! Only a promotion in title will grant you an additional city slot. Newer players often make the mistake of choosing rank before title, leaving them without enough medals for a title promotion.
Prestige is like a scoring system in Evony. Generally, higher prestige will make it easier to join better alliances, and high prestige will often scare away weaker players from bothering you. So how does one acquire prestige?
1. Quests. Completion of some quests will reward you with prestige, such as the promotion quests.
2. Build. The most obvious way of gaining prestige is by completing a building. Always be building or upgrading! Note that you may not gain prestige for the certain levels of certain buildings, such as cottage level 1.
3. Technology. Higher the tech, higher the prestige gain.
4. Troops. Building troops will result in prestige! Note that you won’t gain any prestige for building less than 4 units.
5. Fortification. Traps and fortifications are worth a fair amount of prestige. Queue them up!
6. Comfort. Comforting will give you a very small amount of prestige in exchange for food, gold, or both.
7. NPC battles. A small amount of prestige will be gained from fighting and losing units to NPCs. After the recent patch, the prestige gain from NPC battles are minimal.
8. Title and Town Hall. The higher the title, the less prestige earned. The higher the town hall, the less prestige earned. Accept a promotion only when you’re ready to support another city! One city under civilian rank earns more prestige than one city under knight rank, but two cities under knight rank will obviously bring in more prestige than one city under civilian rank, assuming both cities are constantly building. Same with town hall, only upgrade when needed. On the other hand, don’t hold off upgrading if it will do more harm than good.
Need an Evony account? Click here.